We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This notice (together with any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
PIPESCO operate the following website: www.pipesco.com
Information we collect from you. We will collect and process the following data about you:
The information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you:
- use our site;
- subscribe to any services offered by us or register for our events;
- register to receive our downloadable information, newsletters or other information;
- send us a request to contact you or when you report a problem with our site.
The information you give us may include your name, position and employer details, e-mail address and phone number. Unless otherwise agreed with you we will only collect this basic personal data about you which does not include any special categories of personal information.
Information we collect about you. With regards to each of your visits to our site, we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including items you viewed or searched for, page response times, length of visits to certain pages and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you:
- from our third-party service providers (including, for example, sub-contractors in technical and delivery services)
If you are a user or have been a user of our services, your personal details will be recorded on our CRM database and we will cross-check information you give us with the information recorded on our CRM database.
Purpose for processing your information
We need to know basic personal information in order to provide you with the services that you have engaged us to provide and to assert our right to be compensated in return for those services as per the services agreement or other contract in place between us. If you do not provide this information, we will not be able to provide the services and we will not collect personal data from you that we do not need for this purpose without your consent.
We will not use your personal data for any other purpose unless you explicitly instruct us to do so. All the personal data we hold about you will be processed by our staff in the UK.
Transferring data outside of the EEA
We do not process any data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
Personal Data that we hold. We will use this information:
- to send you any information you have requested
- to provide you with the services you have requested
- for marketing activities, we will provide you with news and information which we think may be of interest to you and with information about our services. If you no longer wish us to use your data in this way, please let us know by contacting us or selecting the unsubscribe button on our communications. We are working with you in a business capacity and we consider that our marketing activities do not intrude on your personal life and that it is within the processing grounds of legitimate interest to send you marketing material. As such, unless you advise otherwise, we consider that you are a corporate subscriber, as defined in the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (as amended).
- for the purposes of market mapping and customer base analysis so that we understand the potential market for our goods and services better and can tailor our goods and services to meet market and customer desires;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our site secure.
Legal basis for processing your information
We will not rent, swap or sell your personal information to other organisations for them to use in their own marketing activities.
The legal basis that we rely on for processing your data will depend upon the circumstances in which it is being collected and used, but will in most cases fall into one of the following categories:
- where you have provided your consent to allow us to use your data in a certain way;
- where the processing is necessary to carry out for the performance of a contract with you;
- where the processing is necessary in order for us to comply with a legal obligation; or
- where it is in our legitimate interests to perform our functions.
Sharing your information
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to us in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with our procedures.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Any of the companies listed at the beginning of this notice (PIPESCO);
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held about our prospects and customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If you make a claim against us (such as our legal advisors and insurance providers).
Retention of your personal data
We will only keep your personal data within the timeframes allowed by law and for so long as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations. The length of time we keep your data will depend on the type of personal data we have collected. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details of any specific retention period.
You decide how you want us to contact you, whether by mail, email or by phone and you can update your communication preferences at any time by telling us when things change. From time to time we will also send you a communication to update and refresh your communication preferences.
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office if you have a concern about your personal data: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting us at email@example.com You may also withdraw your consent to direct marketing by clicking the unsubscribe button on any of our communications
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Changes to our privacy notice
Any changes we make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
Contact – if you have any questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice please contact firstname.lastname@example.org